FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Low Carb Peanut Chicken Skewers

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Low Carb Peanut Chicken Skewers

If you follow me, you know I have been on a low carb diet. I love being able to think of new ways to eat that reduces the number of carbs. I love chicken so I need lots of recipes that are low carb and delicious.

Eclectic Red Barn: Peanut Chicken Skewers

Grilled chicken is always a favorite. However, I loved the Low Carb Pork Roast with Peanut Sauce I made and wondered about adding peanut sauce to my grilled chicken. Just make sure to get the lowest carb natural peanut butter you can find. 

This recipe is easy and you can use boneless chicken thighs or boneless breasts. I had breasts on hand so that is what I used. 

Eclectic Red Barn: Peanut Chicken Skewers
Even if you are not on a low carb diet, I think you will enjoy this chicken. I served it with Low Carb Cauliflower Grits or (if you are NOT on low carb) you could make quinoa, rice, or mashed potatoes. 


Eclectic Red Barn: Peanut Chicken Skewers with Cauliflower Grits

    Recipe                                                                              Print

Peanut Chicken Skewers


peanut chicken skewers.jpg


Ingredients:
⅓ cup creamy peanut butter( get the lowest carb peanut butter)
4 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless thighs or breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tsp canola oil
¼ tsp black pepper
2 tbsp chopped parsley


Directions:
  1. Whisk peanut butter, ¼ cup water, 2 tbsp lime juice, soy sauce and sugar until blended.
  2. Heat grill or grill pan to medium high.
  3. Thread skewers with chicken. Mix oil with 2 tbsp lime juice, ¼ tsp salt and pepper. Brush onto skewers. Grill skewers 12 to 14 minutes, turning often
During the last few minutes I brushed the chicken with the peanut sauce.
Serve the peanut sauce on the side.

Serve the peanut chicken skewers over Cauliflower Grits if on low carb diet or something else if NOT on low carb diet.

The post Peanut Chicken Skewers first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:

Classical Homemakingwow-me_thumb1_thumb1Home Matters Linky Party - Grab ButtonThis Is How We Roll Link PartyOnce you link-up, don't forget to nab our Happy Now button!Making a Homemaking LinkyThrifty Thursday ButtonThink Tank Thursdayby Angie Ouellette-Tower for http://www.godsgrowinggarden.com/ photo YoureTheStarHopLarge_zpsncuylahd.jpgHome Matters Linky Party - Grab ButtonBlog Link PartiesA Bouquet of Talent Linky Party ButtonSaturday Shuffle Blog Hop #96Share, inspire & make some new friends at Best of the Weekend! Live every Friday 8:00 pm EST at littlemisscelebration.comPhotobucketapinchofjoy.com made by you mondayMake Pretty Monday Week 213Project Inspire{d} Weekly Link Party

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...