FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Easy Mango Cream Cheese Danish

Monday, June 8, 2015

Easy Mango Cream Cheese Danish

As many of you know, I have two mango trees. The mangoes are coming fast and furious. I have made so many things with mangoes, that when my husband comes home from work he says, "what are we having with our mangoes tonight?"

Mango Cream Cheese Danish


This year I made mango jam for the first time. It turned out great. As I am looking at all of these jars of mango jam, I thought what am I going to do with them? I began to look at recipes. I found this Easy Cream Cheese Danish over at Allrecipes that I liked and thought I could modify it to fit with my mango jam. Recipe is listed below.

You place a package of  crescent rolls on the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan, making sure to join the seams. It calls for lightly greasing the pan. Not sure if I would do this next time. Seemed a little buttery. 
Crescent rolls

Next mix up the cream cheese layer. I didn't use all of it since I was adding the jam. 

Cream cheese layer
I put the mango jam on top of this layer. (forgot to take a picture with the jam on)

Finally, added the second layer of crescent rolls on top. This was a bit tricky because of the jam. Make sure the dough is cold. 

Cheese danish before baking

Bake it for 25 -35 minutes. I baked mine for 25 and I think it could have used another 5 minutes. Let it cool and then frost.

Easy Mango Danish

You can make them with just  cream cheese or use any type of jam that you like.

I sent them to my husband's work and they loved it. You might like to check out my mango cheese cake.


 


Recipe                                                                       Print

Easy Cream Cheese Danish

Backmango cream cheese danish.JPG

Ingredients:
  • 2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, diced
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • i tablespoon sour cream
  • 1 jar mango jam (I used my homemade)


Frosting:

  • 1 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 1 tablespoon butter, softened

Directions:


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
  2. Line bottom of baking pan with 1 can of crescent rolls. Pinch all seams together to seal.
  3. In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, white sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract and sour cream. Spread filling on top of rolls. Place second can of rolls on top of filling.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
  5. In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar, milk and butter. After danish has cooled, drizzle with icing.


Linking to these parties:
Epic Mommy AdventuresTreasure Box Tuesday 75photo SimpleSupperTuesdayTHE SCOOP-Hundreds of creative posts and lots of inspiration!-stonegableblog.comFrom Dream To Realitywow-me_thumb1_thumb1[2]_thumbGreat IdeasThursday Favorite Things ButtonBeing A Wordsmith

1 comment :

  1. Your directions say to add sour cream-it's not in the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...