FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Finding our Forever Home

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Finding our Forever Home

We see ads on TV for Christmas presents for our furry friends and I have to admit that I am guilty of spoiling my pets. You know you have it bad when your husband calls from Italy and asks, "How are the kids?" I hope I am not alone here and that some of you feel the same way about your pets.

Although my pets have a special home, many dogs and cats don't. They are abused, stuck in crates in shelters hopeful that they will find their forever home. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Three puppies being fostered

These three little cuties came to us last Saturday. As a foster parent with the DRSF (Dachshund Rescue of South Florida), it is hard not to get attached to them. We adopted a Dachshund rescue, Marina,  about 3 1/2 years ago and she has been such a joy.  Puppies are always easier to get adopted than the older dogs, but Marina is 13 and doing great. 
I have had a puppy before but never three at once. Yikes!

They are only 6 1/2 weeks old. I took them outside for the first time yesterday. They weren't sure at first, but soon enjoyed running around.
Eclectic Red Barn: Puppies first exposure outside

They love my dogs, particularly the two long hairs. One was biting Louie's tail and he was going around in circles trying to get the puppy off. 
Caleigh is being motherly.
Eclectic Red Barn: Puppies playing with Caleigh
They can get a bit rough and those teeth are sharp. When they get to rowdy, Caleigh puts them in their place.

My dogs started barking at a squirrel and the puppies were not sure about the noise so they hid under the rocking chair.
Eclectic Red Barn: Puppies hiding under rocking chair
After much playing it was time to rest. Outside can be so exhausting.
Eclectic Red Barn: Puppies exhausted from being outside
So it is Christmas and I am fostering three puppies and I may get another one this weekend. Am I crazy? Probably! Best part is I will have them over the holidays since they are too young to be adopted out yet. What a fun Christmas it will be.

Fortunately, I am not stressed out. My house is all decorated, most of my shopping is done and I still have time for my projects. What has helped with all is this? The 12 Days to a Stress Free Christmas  from Ruth Soukup at Living Well Spending Less. This is a 12 part series that gives you the tools you need though short videos that help you with shopping, planning, organizing and others to make your holidays stress free.

In addition, she is offering a free holiday planner when you subscribe to the series. Sign up now and begin enjoying daily inspiration from Ruth’s 12 Days to a Stress Free Christmas video! 

Don't forget to give your pet an extra hug. Maybe you might find it in your heart to become a foster parent.  If you have any questions, please let  me know.


The post Finding our Forever Home first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:
 handmadehangoutpartyNEWDIYLargeButtonInspire Me MondayThe Chicken ChickParty Every Monday NightProject Inspired What a great idea! Christmas ButtonIvy and Elephants

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...