FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Trashy Children's Cabinets

Monday, September 1, 2014

Trashy Children's Cabinets

How I love bulk pick up week. Do you have something like that where you live? Once a month, people put out "trash" for bulk pick up. Now it is not really a week, only a day, but people can start putting out "trash" a week ahead.  The hard part is competing with the "truckers". These are individuals that ride through the neighbors looking for stuff. Mostly they want items that they can scrap. They can get money for scrap metal - usually by the pound. Most of the time, they beat me to any metal items.

Most of my collecting is done within my neighborhood.  Last month my neighbor put out these children's cabinets. 

They are solid wood with wood backs not those pressed cardboard backs. As usual I could not let these go into trash. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Children's cabinet pulled from trash

They were in great shape and originally I was not going to paint them, just sell them, but decided they would look nicer with a coat of paint. I wanted to stay with something neutral so white it was. Also, I had plenty of white paint.
Eclectic Red Barn: Painted children's cabinet pulled from trash
It took 2 coats of paint, but the painting went fast. I don't have many pictures of the bookcase, because I already sold them. I was so delighted that another little girl could enjoy them.
The post Trashy Children's Cabinets first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:
Inspire Me MondayTreasure Box Tuesday 23PI 8pmYour Whims WednesdayThe Dedicated HouseInspire Me Wednesday with seven thirty three and Happiness is Homemadewow-me_thumb1_thumb[1]Ivy and ElephantsThursday Favorite Things ButtonEmbracing Change Thrifty Thursday SquareCreativity Unleashed link party!Say G'Day Linky Party {103} ~ Share Your Latest & Greatest Blog Posts!Party with UsNEWDIYLargeButton

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...