FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Luscious Brownies

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Luscious Brownies

I'm not a gadget person usually. I do not have lots of tools in the kitchen for baking, only the main essentials. Sometimes I see a fancy pan or mold that I like, but then I think, "how often would I really use it"? So I usually put it back. Are you like that or do you go ahead and buy it? 

Well, on a recent trip to JoAnn fabrics, I decided to keep the fancy pan. With this fancy pan, I made these adorable brownies. Can food be adorable? 
Eclectic Red Barn: Cream Cheese Brownies in a Brownie Bar Pan

 The fancy pan I bought was this Brownie Bar Pan from Wilton.
Eclectic Red Barn: Brownie Bar Pan from Wilton

I thought of lots of uses for this pan, but of course I had to make brownies. Maybe it was because my grand kids were coming for a visit and they love brownies. I just used a brownie mix and then made a cream cheese filling. 

Now I usually make these cream cheese brownies in a 9 X 9 pan, where it is easy to swirl the cream cheese into the brownie batter. 

Eclectic Red Barn: Tray of Cream Cheese Brownies


These small squares made it a little more difficult to swirl the cream cheese, but it was worth it. After they baked, I frosted them. The kids thought they were great and loved that they each had a special one. They even added ice cream. Don't you just love kids? They seem to eat anything.

Eclectic Red Barn: Top view of Cream Cheese Brownies

They were obviously bigger than a regular brownie, but they didn't seem to mind. However, the next time I would put less batter in the squares. Learning as I go with my fancy pan. 

Recipe                                                       Print


Frosted Cream Cheese Brownies
pan of brownies.JPG
Ingredients:
1 brownie mix
8 oz. cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions:
1. Prepare mix according to package directions.
2. In a separate bowl stir 8 oz. softened cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon flour and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth.
3. Pour brownie batter into greased 9x9 pan or special pan reserving about 1 cup of batter.
4. Pour cream cheese mixture on top and spread.
5. Drop the remaining batter by spoonfuls onto cream cheese.
6. Draw a knife through the batters to make swirls.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool completely!
You can frost them or leave them as is. 

The post  Luscious Brownies first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Blogging Grandmothers Featured Button
Linking to these parties:

Embracing Change Classical HomemakingBlogging Grandmothers Link PartyHome Matters Linky Party - Grab Button{nifty button}Share the Joy is live Bloggers come and link up your awesome posts and readers roll up and read em Linky dare great for readers as loads of joy filled posts are linked in one place Awesome sharethejoy1-meet-up-mondayWednesday AIM Link Party ButtonYour Whims WednesdayNew Link Party! 7pm Sundays!

1 comment :

  1. Hello there! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after reading through some of
    the post I realized it's new to me. Anyhow, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be book-marking
    and checking back frequently!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...