FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Fresh Pineapple-Zucchini Bread

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Fresh Pineapple-Zucchini Bread

I was cleaning my freezer, now don't laugh. I seem to have so much stuff in there that I really don't know what I have. Things seem to just get "stuffed" in. Are you like that?

I found all of this pineapple that I had frozen this summer. You might remember that we had a hugh crop of pineapple this summer that I posted about. I froze lots of the pineapple and like to add them to smoothies.  I thought I would make something sweet using the pineapple.

Eclectic Red Barn: Fresh Pineapple-Zucchini Bread


I had some zucchini and figured why not add pineapple to the bread.  

I let the pineapple thaw slightly and then chopped it into small pieces. I think I had around a cup and a half. (I don't always measure.)

Eclectic Red Barn: Fresh Pineapple-Zucchini Bread with Pineapple Glaze

I just used my zucchini recipe and added the pineapple to it. For the frosting, I added pineapple juice to the powdered sugar. 

I liked the flavor of the fresh pineapple with the zucchini. It's always nice to tweak a recipe.

Recipe                                                             Print


Zucchini-Pineapple Bread


zuchini pineapple bread.JPG

Makes 2 loaves

      Ingredients:


3 cups sifted all-purpose flour (about 13 1/2 ounces)

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

2 large eggs

2 cups sugar

2 cups grated zucchini (about 1 1/2 medium zucchini)

2/3 cup canola oil

1/2 cup egg substitute
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ cups fresh pineapple chopped or 2 (8-ounce) cans crushed pineapple in juice, drained
Baking spray with flour

   Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour, salt, and next 3 ingredients (through ground cinnamon) in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
3. Beat eggs with a mixer at medium speed until foamy. Add sugar, zucchini, oil, egg substitute, and vanilla, beating until well blended. Add zucchini mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Fold in pineapple. Spoon batter into 2 (9 x 5–inch) loaf pans coated with baking spray. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans on a wire rack; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.

Frosting:
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
3 -4 tablespoons pineapple juice
1 tsp vanilla
 Mix to desired consistency. Pour over cooled bread.
 



The post  Fresh Pineapple-Zucchini Bread first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn

Linking to these parties:
PictureTHE SCOOP #237- The best collection of home and garden post from around the webClassical HomemakingMcCall Manor

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...