FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Easter Wreath with Lace and Eggs

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Easter Wreath with Lace and Eggs

In February I bought a $1 box of goodies at a flea market.You can see the post here.  I used two of the items from that box to create this Easter wreath.
Easter wreath with lace and eggs


Two of the items in the box were a bag of lace and a box of various colored threads.  I decided to cover some eggs with the thread. This took a couple of tires before I had the hang of how to do this. 

I put some Modge Podge on the egg and then placed the string on top of that. The tricky part here is to NOT keep pulling the string off as you begin to wrap the thread. I woould put my finger on it it hold it, and off it would come.
Wrapping eggs with thread
I kept going around in a circle, adding more Modge Podge when I needed it. I continued like this until the egg was covered.
Wrapping eggs with thread
Once the egg was covered, I took some additional thread and did a pattern over the egg.
Thread wrapped eggs

Once all the eggs were covered, I grabbed the bag of lace.
I don't usually use this type of lace so it was great for this project.
Bag of lace

I wrapped lace around the top of the wreath first.
wreath
I don't have pictures of adding the lace, because I was so into wrapping the lace on. Some went around on top, some around the sides and then I looped some through the lace already on. Here is one part of the wreath with the lace on it.
Lace on wreath
After I had the lace on, I hot glued the eggs onto the wreath. 
Lace and thread wrapped egg wreath
It looks nice on the front door with some plastic eggs on a string. Looks like some of them have moved. So windy here today, I am surprised they are still hanging.
Easter wreath on front door
I think my front door is ready for Easter.



Linking to these parties:
A Bouquet of Talent Linky Party ButtonGod’s Growing GardenFunky_Junk's_Party_Junk_link_party_150Oh! THAT DIY Party at diyshowoff.comInspire Me MondayLink Party Grop GraphicTHE SCOOP #164-stonegableblog.comYour Whims WednesdayThursday Favorite Things Button


No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...