FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Cheering up the light

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Cheering up the light

I am continuing my Christmas decorating on the cheap at our other home. I made the JOY banner, the book page banners for the windows and now for the dining room light. 

This was very easy and rather cheap. I saw this light decorated on Pinterest for Christmas and for some reason it stayed with me. So when I had finished my banners, the light looked so plain. I still had some berries left and the light called to me.
Eclectic Red Barn: Decorating the dining room light

I draped the berries around the light. I purchased the berries at the end of the season last year. I found the snowflakes at the Dollar Tree, six in a package. I liked them because they had sparkles and looked rather light and fluffy like snowflakes. You can't beat the Dollar Tree for ideas.
Eclectic Red Barn: Dining room light with berries and snowflakes
This picture looked so different shooting in the other direction. You can see my JOY banner and book page banners in the background.

This was so simple to do with minimal cost. The light now looks very festive for Christmas.
Eclectic Red Barn: Dining room light with berries and snowflakes
The house is really coming along. I found an artificial 6 1/2 ft tree at a garage sale a couple of weeks ago and when I finished  decorating it,  it looked pretty good for $8.  My biggest expense so far was buying the tree and lights, although the lights were on sale at Home Depot.

I had several Christmas items that I used, but with the new ones that I have made, I have been able to keep new costs around $20. Not bad for decorating our other house for Christmas. I think my daughter will be pleased.


The post Cheering up the Light first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:

 Ivy and ElephantsThursday Favorite Things ButtonEmbracing Change Creativity Unleashed link party!From The Farm Blog Hop

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...