FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Burlap covered vases

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Burlap covered vases

As I watch others post their fall projects and talk about cooler weather, it is hard to think about fall when the weather is still so warm here in southern Florida. We may cool off to the mid eighties tomorrow. lol!
So this post is about creating the vases for this "fall" centerpiece.
Eclectic Red Barn:Fall centerpiece with burlap wrapped containers

In my quest to finish cleaning my dining room table, I found some scraps of material. Now I don't know about you, but I have a hard time throwing any scraps away. You never know what might inspire you and you would need them. 

I was looking at some burlap scraps as I was walking to the kitchen, (my attentions drifts sometimes) and I noticed some cans that needed to go into the recycle bin. They were fruit cocktail cans with pull tabs so the tops were smooth and nice. 

The burlap scraps were just the right size. Hummmmmm! A possible fall project?
Eclectic Red Barn:Fall centerpiece with burlap wrapped containers

Well, maybe not fall but add some sunflowers and it looks more like fall. For these burlap vases, I used a cleaned can and an old vase that I could not get cleaned, so cover it up.
Eclectic Red Barn: Burlap wrapped containers
I folded over an edge at both the top and the bottom of the material and then using a glue gun, attached them to the can. I over lapped the material in the back and glued it. 
Since this had a pattern near the bottom, I added some jute at the top. 

On the vase,  the fabric had a pattern all over it so I placed the jute a little down from the top.
Eclectic Red Barn: Burlap wrapped vase with jute ties
It is amazing what some fabric scraps can change. You could do this with other fabric - Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas - you get the idea. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Burlap wrapped vase with messenda and vintage scale
Now what to put into those vases. Not much blooming 
 in the yard. My Mussaenda and grasses were blooming , so that is what I used. Still needed something for fall - sunflower napkin holders.
Eclectic Red Barn: Vintage scale and sunflowers
This green scale added some height. Love these old scales.
Eclectic Red Barn: Vintage scale, burlap wrapped vases and sunflowers
This fall runner was a little short for my table, but gave it some color.
Eclectic Red Barn: Burlap wrapped vases, old scale and sunflowers
 Well, it is official, I have my first fall decoration. Yeah!!  How is your fall decorating coming? 
 
The Chicken Chick alt="Bouquet of Talent Sunday Linky Party" 

 Linking up to these parties: 
Real Family Fun Link PartyAll Things Thursday Blog Hop ThePinJunkieLife on Lakeshore DriveNEWDIYLargeButtonpartyWhat did you make

9 comments :

  1. Well you know I love this project. Using up scraps and recycling is a great idea. I've made several fall projects but haven't really done any decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful. They look beautiful and you used scraps, I love it. Thanks for sharing at out Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your idea. The print on the bags really makes it though. I have a lot of burlap laying around here I've been wondering what to do with. Thanks for the inspiration. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the print on the burlap too. Thank you for sharing with our party :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popped on over from the Inspiration Monday Party. I love these - so cute!
    Marie@InteriorFrugalista

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for linking to DIY Sunday Showcase, I love this idea! I have cans and burlap so I may have to get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in awe of your gorgeous burlap vases! So creative and clever. I just pinned, tweeted & featured it at Pick of the Bunch! You did a fabulous job!

    Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week. As always, so thrilled to have you share your amazing posts with us !

    Have a wonderful weekend. :)
    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these burlap vases! What a great way to utilize your scraps and upcycle at the same time. I love the texture the burlap adds to your centerpiece.

    {stopping by from Clever Chicks link-up}

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I'll be featuring you on The Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week, so please feel free to grab a Featured button!

    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...